Faecal Egg Count Reduction Testing (FECRT)
THE LAB IS NOW
This new financial year has necessitated a small increase in the price of our FEC and FECRT services. This is the first time EBW has increased its prices for these services. It is now $18 per test, but you still receive our generous 10% discount on 3 or more tests when shipped as described below. Thanks for your understanding 🙂
Please note: EBW does NOT send out test kits when you order a FEC test. We have chosen this path in order to keep costs to our clients at a minimum and to provide a rapid turnaround time for your results. For shipping instructions and accompanying horse data sheet please follow the links below. Thanks!
EBW utilises accepted scientific methodology in testing to see whether your horse is harboring resistant worms. Where faecal egg counts warrant further scrutiny, most horse owners request EBW to undertake a follow-up test, a faecal egg count reduction test (FECRT), which is the official process to determine whether your horse may have a worm resistance issue that might need to be addressed by a veterinarian. The interval post-treatment for a FECRT is based on the product used:
- Pyrantel – 7 days post treatment
- Benzimidazoles (the BZ’S) – 10 days post treatment
- Macrocyclic Lactones (ivermectin, moxidectin, abamectin) – 14 days post treatment
In undertaking FEC/RT, EBW also scans for the presence of equine parasitic eggs other than Strongyles.
- Complete the Horse Data Sheet (This is the same as the FEC sheet but the ‘Date of Last Worming’ will identify that it is for an FECRT.)
- Follow the Prepare Sample for Sending instructions
EBWs promise to you: quick results turnaround – ‘Quick results for you – or we return your poo!’
Price is per test.