This combination of Count Your Eggs Before They Hatch and the FEClab™ Starter Kit will save you money and get you started on doing your own faecal egg count testing quickly*.
The manual is in 3 parts –
- Part 1 sets out the concept behind evidence-based worming that is accepted by equine parasitology experts worldwide
- Part 2 details the step-by-step process with over 75 images, pictures of eggs to count and pictures of things not to count
- Part 3 is stacked full of additional resources if you want to take your knowledge of equine gastrointestinal parasitology to the next level
This manual has been field-tested by horse owners such as yourself who had never done a faecal egg count before, and their feedback has enabled each section of the manual to be fine-tuned so that there is minimal risk of you losing your way when undertaking your first egg count. So jump in, get your own copy (and maybe a FEClab™ Starter Kit as well) and join the growing number of horse women and men who are liberating themselves from traditional worming methods which are not based on evidence.
The manual is wire-bound so that it sits flat on your bench while you are doing the testing, it is A4 in size, 54 pages long and has over 85 images and tables, all painstakingly photographed and designed so that you are not left guessing at any point in the process.
FEClab™ Starter Kit contains –
- 1 x high quality 2-chambered McMaster slide – enables accuracy to 25 eggs per gram. Made of clear, durable acrylic with coloured gridlines (colour may vary depending upon product availability)
- 1 x glass calibrated vial – takes the thinking out of the equation – fill with flotation solution to the first line, top up with manure sample to the second line and stir
- 1 x plastic forceps
- 1 x Pasteur pipette
- 1 x plastic spatula for stirring
- 2 x disposable gloves
- 1 x 200g sachet of Epsom Salt (magnesium sulphate) granules – enables you to make half a litre of flotation solution
- 1 x hand tally counter – so that you don’t lose count (counter may be a different colour than that shown in shop image)
- 1 x instructions for making 500ml of flotation solution with included granules
- 1 x recycled paper box container for equipment storage
*access to a microscope with a mechanical stage and 100x magnification is required